German Educare

First step for secondary school leavers

Completed your secondary school and want to study in Germany? Read on to learn about the first step for secondary school leavers from Malaysia who want to study in Germany.

You'll need a recognised pre-university qualification

If you completed SPM, IGCSE or O Level, you have yet to fulfil the requirement to apply to study a Bachelor’s degree in a German university.

You will need to have at least a recognised pre-university qualification, and that is either STPM, A Level, Australian Year 12 (WACE, SACE, Ausmat or HSC), International Baccalaureate (IB) or Canadian International Matriculation Programme (CIMP). Click on the button below to learn in more details about the requirements to study your Bachelor’s degree in Germany.

What if you have an UEC qualification?

The Unified Examination Certificate (UEC) is only recognised by a handful of German universities and there will be a different set of requirements if you choose to apply to study your Bachelor’s degree with your UEC qualification.

At German Educare, we want our students to choose a university which is suitable. Therefore we recommend you have a qualification which is recognised by all universities.

If you did the SPM exam, you can consider furthering to pre-u after completing your SPM or choose to complete your UEC exam first before starting pre-u.

What if you choose not to study one of the recognised pre-university qualifications? We suggest that you first complete your Bachelor’s degree, and if you are still interested to further your studies to the Master’s degree, you can still consider studying in Germany at that point. Many Master’s degree are tuition-free and some are even offered in English.

Prefer to meet our study advisor?

Check out our social media channels or visit our Events page. We will share where you can find us next.